A tattoo is sometimes a statement or an identity. Meaningful quote tattoos can also provide endless motivation.
Because tattoos last forever, it’s not that easy to pick the best quote to be inked on the skin. So here are a list of motivational quote tattoos about strength, life, self-love and more to give you some ideas.
Table of content
- Quote tattoos about strength and struggle
- Positive quote tattoos about life
- Self-love quote tattoo ideas
- Empowering quote tattoos for girl bosses
- Heartwarming love quote tattoos
- Inspiring tattoo quotes for adventurers
Disclaimer: This tattoo collection is for inspiration only. Please do not copy the artwork. If you love these tattoos, follow artists and show them some support.
Quote tattoos about strength and struggle
- “There is sun after rain, love after pain.”
- “Surviving is the new art form.” – Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
- “Pain shapes a woman into a warrior.” – R.H.Sin
Being in a safe place doesn’t make you stronger, being in paid does. This quote is the perfect reminder to see the light in the darkness.
- “When there’s a will, there’s a way.”
Trees and leaves represent growth and life. And that’s why they are perfect to be put on this quote tattoo. Together, the tat will empower you to keep looking for solutions and keep going amid uncertainty.
- “Me vs. Me”
When we focus on being better, prettier and richer than others, we put ourselves in an unwinnable war because there will always be someone better, prettier and richer.
So why not aim to be the best version of ourselves? We all have a choice to be our own worst enemy or the best cheerleader. Choose wisely.
- “Be afraid and do it anyway.”
Courage doesn’t mean the absence of fear. It means despite fear and uncertainty, you still do what you need to do. And that’s what makes you a winner.
- “Bad times make a good man.”
As Michael Hopf said in a similar quote, “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.” This quote tattoo might be a simple one-liner, but it is the pep talk we need to cheer us up in struggles.
- “The universe wrote fiction in us; it’s called fear.” – Christopher Poindexter
Fear makes us alert and cautious, but sometimes it might be a false conception of reality and ourselves. Just like fiction, it is not always real.
- “Never back down”
- “Over my dead body” – a demonstration of determination
- “Anything is temporary.”
Bad days won’t last forever. Just like the storms, they will always end. If you need a bad day reminder to cheer you up at any time, this elegant floral script tattoo is for you.
- “Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.” – Dale Carnegie
Worrying means you suffer twice. So when anxiety and worries keep you awake at 2 am, kindly remind yourself of this short quote. And when you get up in the morning, seize every moment to make things work in your way.
- “Whatever it takes.”
- “Your faith has to be bigger than your fear.”
The strong ones are those who face fear in the face and still do what they need to do anyway. This back quote tattoo will always remind us to embrace our vulnerabilities and be grateful for what we have at the moment.
More tattoo quotes about strength
- No rain, no flowers.
- Not easy but worth it.
- Become. Attract. Create.
- Wisdom begins in wonder. – Socrates
- Soft-hearted. Strong-minded.
- Overcome anything that is meant to destroy me.
- Make yourself proud.
- Dear Universe, I’m Ready.
Positive quote tattoos about life
- “Just keep me where the light it.”
- “A bit of madness is key.” – The Fools Who Dream from La La Land
Be the fools who dream, just like what is said in the song:
“Here’s to the ones who dream.
Foolish, as they may seem.
Here’s to the hearts that ache.
Here’s to the mess we make.”
- “Love life you live. Live the life you love.”
- “Don’t dream it, be it.”
- “Dream until your dreams come true.”
- “Happiness is a choice.”
- “I am > I was.”
A short but empowering quote tattoo for those with painful stories. Just like what Søren Kierkegaard said, “Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
Your past shapes you, but it doesn’t define who you are as a person. As long as we are still breathing, we have a chance to change. Living in the moment requires great courage, but it’s worth the efforts.
- “Bright and pretty.”
- “I have lived a thousand lives.”
- “Everyone deserves the chance to fly.”
- “I see mountains in the distance that I long to climb but first I must pack my fear and leave it behind.” – Jennae Cecelia
If you have a goal to reach, now is the time to go for it. Nothing can stop you once you get your fear out of the way.
- “Just think happy thoughts and you’ll fly.”
- “C’est pas grave” – It’s not a big deal
- “Keep choosing joy.”
- “Belle est la vie. – Life is beautiful.”
- “Life is now.”
- “See the good.”
See the good in people because you’ll never know all their stories. See the good in bad situations because they’ll make you stronger. And see the good in yourself because you deserve all the love you think you don’t.
- “I’m changing.”
More short and positive tattoo quotes about life
- Create your own sunshine.
- Do it anyway.
- Imperfection is a form of freedom. – Anh Ngo
- Good things take time.
- Dream. Plan. Do.
- Collect beautiful moments.
- Expect nothing. Appreciate anything.
- Look for the magic in anything.
- I got this.
- Normal is boring.
- Hakuna Matata.
- Perfectly imperfect.
- Time is everything we have and don’t. – Atticus
Self-love quote tattoo ideas
Self-love is the best gift one can give himself. These simple but powerful self-love quote tattoos will be the permanent reminders you need to put yourself first.
- “You are enough.”
- “Your different is your beautiful.” – a meaningful semicolon tattoo
- “You are the greatest project you will ever work on.”
As a short self-love quote goes, “you can be a masterpiece and a work in progress,” this quote tattoo echoes with it. And it’s a reminder to keep being a better you for you.
- “We accept the love we think we deserve.” – Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The way we treat ourselves sets an example of how others should treat us. If we love ourselves enough, we won’t tolerate the love that asks us to sacrifice our needs. When we cultivate self-love, we are filtering out those who are not respectful and emotionally available.
- “I am the sea and nobody owns me.”
- “True love will find you in the end.”
- “I am mine before I am ever anyone else’s.”
More self-love tattoo quotes
- The grass is greener when you water it. – Neil Barringham
- The rest of the world can wait.
- Beautiful me.
- When you love yourself you take back the power.
- Stay wild.
- Fall in love with myself.
- Doing it for myself.
- Flawed & Worthy
- I wear love.
- Inhale sky. Exhale stars.
- Blessed mess.
Read also: 40 Self-love tattoos to put yourself first
Empowering quote tattoos for girl bosses
- “Go high”.
- “Girl power”.
- Magic within you
More short tattoo quotes for boss babes
- Colorful mind
- Brain + Beauty
- Beauty and a Beast
- Still I rise.
- Sky above me. Earth below me. Fire within me.
- Heads up. Wings out.
- Girl almighty.
- Actually I can.
Heartwarming love quote tattoos
- “Nothing loved is ever lost.”
- “Love is the warmest color.”
More love quotes for tattoos
- I crave a love that drowns oceans. – k.azizian
- I choose you every day.
- Toi et moi. – You and me.
- Together is the best place to be.
- I saw home in your eyes.
- Live by the sun. Love by the moon.
- Her one. His only.
- Always and forever.
Inspiring tattoo quotes for adventurers
- “Keep on walking.”
- Why not?
- “I’ve got the world to go”
- “I’m not afraid of storms”.
- “I know the road I leave on; it will always bring me back.”
- “Enjoy the journey.”
More quote tattoo ideas
A quote tattoo for artists
- “Art is love made public.”
A quote tattoo for daughter
- “All that I can or hope to be, I owe to my mother.”
A quote tattoo if you haven’t made up your mind
- “All tattoos are temporary because we all die.”
Do you enjoy these quote tattoos?
Which quote will you choose if you are getting a word tattoo? Leave a comment if we have missed anything.